The utilities market is astonishingly dynamic. Shifting regulatory requirements, an emerging smart grid, spiking energy demands and dwindling natural resources exert extraordinary pressure on electric, water, and gas utilities—many of them a century old or more—to modernize, increase operational efficiency, enhance customer service and improve financial performance. We are driven to apply the latest technologies and develop solutions utilities increasingly rely on to overcome mounting business and operational challenges.
Harris Utilities meets these challenges with SmartWorks—our dedicated smart grid innovation engine. SmartWorks’ sole purpose is to examine the state and trajectory of the world’s utility markets and develop powerful, sophisticated and easy-to-use smart grid solutions. SmartWorks unites leading engineers, software experts and product specialists to create whole new categories of products that will transform the industry and evolve the smart grid.
A growing smart grid portfolio
The SmartWorks portfolio includes a growing number of innovative products that are essential to advance business intelligence and enable unprecedented interaction between utilities and their customers:
- SmartWorks Compass is a utility decision management solution that enables utilities to maximize their return on investment in their smart infrastructure by seamlessly converting massive volumes of data into powerful insights and automated actions.
- MeterSense is a powerful, scalable and configurable meter data management (MDM) solution that quickly manages and intelligently interprets growing volumes of critical smart meter data.
- CustomerConnect is a sophisticated, web-based engagement solution that gives customers direct access to account information and unprecedented insight into resource use.
- inCharge is an integrated prepaid metering solution that gives consumers complete control over their resource use by allowing them to purchase what they need on-demand.
- Go is a mobile platform that gives utility consumers access to their account directly from a mobile device.